We are suspending worship but we are still the Church. Remember, the church of Christ is the people: the love we share, the healing we bring, and the burdens we make lighter. Church is not merely a building or a worship service. We have much work to do, perhaps now more than ever.
Ways To Be The Church:
Ways To Be The Church:
- Practice patience, kindness, and calm. Practice compassion.
- Get your news from reliable sources and refrain from spreading rumors: the Center for Disease Control and CT.gov
- Check-in with one another and your neighbors by making phone calls. Stay connected. Send cards.
- Donate to local food pantries. Collection bins are on the porch of the Fairchild House (Church office). Donations go to to Amazing Grace and Durham Food Pantry. Click here for shopping lists and to make monetary gifts.
- Make masks for our medical workers. Click for Mask-Making Instructions. Completed masks can be brought to bins at Middlefield Federated Church in sealed zip-lock bags.
- Make a monetary donation to Middlesex Hospital to secure needed equipment.
- Support local restaurants and businesses by purchasing gift cards to give or use at a later date.
- Support our Asian run businesses facing discrimination.
- Send checks and gift cards to service people out of work (hair stylists, nail technicians, cleaners...)
- Share your abundance. If you have a stockpile then pass it on to those who do not.
- Buy what you need so we all have enough to go around.
- Create sacred space in your home. Sing hymns. Read scripture. Pray routinely. Worship at home and feed your soul.
- Check our link Worship at Home for ideas on how to worship and remain connected.
- Never hesitate to contact our Pastor or church family members. We need each other.
- Boy Scouts and BASREP care program are suspended until Regional District 13 Schools resume.
- Sunday Choir practice, Tuesday Choir practice, and Monday Community Choir Accidental Harmony are suspended.
- The Annual Spring Pie Sales are cancelled.
- The May Tag Sale is postponed.
- In person worship and Sunday School are suspended but we offer on-line Sunday Worship Moments.
- There will be no office hours or church buildings open until further notice.
-updated April 18, 2020